Friday, December 11, 2009

The Name Game

Sooooooo, I am constantly being asked if I have chosen a name for this baby girl yet and the answer is usually NO. The problem is that I have a lot of criteria when it comes to baby naming. I want the names to be similar to their siblings but NOT too similar, NOT RHYMING and I want them to be in the same genre. I also want them to be original, short, feminine and culturally sensitive. I have been stuck on the name Mia. I feel like it goes great with Nya and Iylah. I really like the idea of having a Mia in our family. I was very disappointed to find out that the name Mia was ranked 14th most popular name in 2008 according to the social security website. When I looked up Nya it was not even listed since 2006 and even back then it was only ranked #964th. Iylah is not even listed with her spelling at all but the traditional spelling (Isla) was ranked at 623rd in 2006 and has not been ranked since then either. Well, that got me thinking...there are other ways to spell Mia and when it is spelled MIYA is was ranked 981st in 2007!!! That would make it the least common name of all my kids. I think I am sold on it. Her name will be Miya Sky Davy....

No comments: