Saturday, September 25, 2010

All about Leila Sly...

So, it is a little delayed but I told you I would get back to this. This post is dedicated to my perfectly sweet, wonderfully adorable baby Leila. All hip issues aside, this experience has been unique because I have always known that she would be my last baby. I have cherished every sleepy newborn moment, the wrinkly newborn skin, the tiny little baby yawns and all the other sweet little baby moments that seem to fly by in those first few months. I am so lucky that she is such a great baby. She is so calm and easy to please. As far as the hip issue goes, if this is the only "health" concern that I ever have to encounter with my kids than I will take it, no problem. I still feel like Leila is only a couple months old and there is a pretty good chance that I will refer to her as the "baby" until she gets married. There is so much to love about this girl. For starters, I love the way she spins her feet constantly and the way she waves both arms like a crazy woman when she sees me in the morning. It is like she is trying to fly out of bed because she is so happy it is time to wake up. I love that is only takes a raise of the eyebrow or a funny animal sound to make her laugh hysterically. I love that she is the only person that brings out the soft side of Iyla. Iyla will go sit next to her and when she cries Iyla will say "it's ok Leila, I am wit' you, I am wit' you baby."
Ok, back to Leila...I love Leila's super long fingers. I love that her cry does not annoy me at all (even at 2 am). I love that her hair is a perfect combination of Nya and Iyla's. I love that when she is sad she will rest her forehead on my cheek. I love that she rubs her blankie on her nose when she is tired. Lastly, I love, love, love her laugh (see video).
Love those pointy little elf ears.

No comments: